Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Surprises and Scooters

So guess who I got an email from the other day? DenimHighway.com! They said that they'd like to send me a 'little gift'! I wonder what it is?

I love getting surprises in the mail! :)

I've thought of another cute retro ride - the Vespa Scooter! I haven't known about these for long, but it took just one look for me to fall in love with them. Not only are they adorable, but they're a good alternative to cars, both economically AND ecologically - scooters can get up to 80 miles to the gallon! They're not good for road trips, since the fastest models only go about 60 mph, and hold only 1.5 gallons of gas... but for running around town, they're perfect.



The pretty blue one to the left is the Vespa LX, while this fun little green one to the right is the Vespa GTX with its headlamp on the front fender. I'd love to have one of these guys someday.


Speaking of eco-friendly living, there is an awesome site that anyone wanting to live a little greener should check out. Ideal Bite 'offers bite-sized ideas for light green living'. I've subscribed to their daily emails and have gotten a lot of great stuff.

For instance, I'm planning on ordering a Klean Kanteen and buying some kind of a filter for my water. Plastic bottles are wasteful and can leach into your water! Filters and reusable bottles cost more upfront, but are FAR cheaper in the long run.

Jamie

No comments: