Saturday, July 28, 2007

Miss Potter


It is late but I just had to post about the movie I just rented and watched tonight: Miss Potter. I myself only learned about the life of Beatrix Potter, the author of The Tale of Peter Rabbit, a few months ago on the internet. I was aware that Miss Potter was coming out, but never saw it advertised in theaters around here, so I didn't think much of it; I was concerned that the movie would be Hollywood-ized, anyway. I generally don't trust A-listers like Renee Zellweger. However, I should not have feared anything of the sort! My mother and I rented it from Blockbuster tonight (actually, I was originally looking for the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice, which they DO NOT CARRY... but not to worry, there's always the library!), and it was absolutely beautiful! Really, a charming movie which is definitely one of my favourites now.

I refuse to spoil anything - just go and see it RIGHT NOW! :D

Although I only knew her characters through a animated movie I used to watch as a child... after reading her life story and now seeing this movie, I can truly say that Beatrix Potter is really one of my artistic role models. She is only the bestselling children's author of all time - so I suppose it's only appropriate for an aspiring children's author to look up to her!

Hope you get to see this movie soon.

Jamie

No comments: